VOTE OF THANKS BY THE HON. PROF. PETER H. KATJAVIVI SPEAKER OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF NAMIBIA PRESENTED TO THE 37TH PLENARY ASSEMBLY SESSION OF THE SADC PARLIAMENTARY FORUM (SADC PF) DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA, MONDAY, 6TH JULY 2015.
- The Director of Ceremonies;
- Hon. Baleka Mbete, Speaker of the National Assembly of South Africa and also our Host;
- Hon. Joseph R. Njobvuyalema,MP, Vice President of SADC Parliamentary Forum;
- Hon. Speakers, Deputy Speakers and Leaders of Delegations;
- Hon. MPs from the KwaZulu Natal Provincial Legislature;
- His Worship, the Mayor of EThekwini, Cllr James Nxumalo and Councillors;
- Hon. Thulisile Dladla, Vice Chairperson of the SADC Parliamentary Forum Regional Women's Parliamentary Caucus;
- Hon. Members of Parliament from the various SADC National Parliaments;
- Dr Esau Chiviya, The Secretary General of SADC Parliamentary Forum;
- Members of the Diplomatic Corps;
- Invited Observers and Resource Persons;
- Staff from the SADC National Parliaments;
- SADC PF Secretariat Staff;
- Ladies and Gentlement.
I rise on a simple assignment and that is to say thank you, 'SIYABONGA,' to the Parliament and the People of the Republic of the Republic of South Africa for hosting the 37th Plenary Assembly Session of the SADC Parliamentary Forum. On behalf of all the SADC PF delegates to the 37 th Plenary Assembly Session, and indeed on my own behalf, I wish to express our gratitude for the hospitality that has been extended to us since our arrival in this beautiful city of Durban. Given that this is the third time that the Parliament of South Africa is hosting our Plenary Assembly Session, we do not regard ourselves as strangers.