1. Mr. President, Honourable Members,
I rise to second and express support for the Motion on the Adoption of the GEWAYD, TIFI Committees and RWPC Report which is now before this august House. I and some fellow Committee Members of these Committees were fortunate to have attended this important Joint Committee session and we learned a lot.
2. In Johannesburg, the Vice President and Secretary General made a commitment that the report of the Joint session would be presented to the 42nd Plenary Assembly Session and we are delighted that this promise was indeed kept.
3. I wish to reiterate that the thematic issues for our deliberation are (i) SADC Protocol on Gender and Development (ii) Combating trafficking in Persons (TIP) and the (iii) Gender Responsive Budgets.
4. I wish to ask this august House to join me in congratulating Botswana for signing the Revised SADC Protocol on Gender and Development and trust that that Namibia, South Africa and Malawi would soon follow suit.
5. Honourable President, Honourable Members,
With this few remarks, I wish to second the Motion on the Joint Report.
I Thank You