MEDIA ADVISORY: SADC-PF HOLDS WEBINAR ON ROLE OF PARLIAMENT IN STRENGTHENING PUBLIC FINANCE MANAGEMENT
WINDHOEK-NAMIBIA, Sunday 22 August 2021 – The Southern African Development Community Parliamentary Forum (SADC-PF) will host a virtual consultative workshop on Monday, 23 August 2021 on the role of Parliament in strengthening Public Finance Management (PFM).
PFM is central in managing limited public resources with the aim of optimising budgetary outputs, maximising social welfare and economic impact. Accountability is increasingly becoming a matter of serious concern in most SADC countries – partly as a result of notable lapses in PFM systems as evidenced by the audited financial reports of numerous public, parastatal bodies and local authorities in the SADC Member States.
The purpose of the webinar is to understand the role of National Parliaments in ensuring financial accountability of public resources, especially during the period of a crisis or a pandemic and provide a platform for sharing country specific experiences on PFM for purposes of benchmarking.
Details of the session are as follows:
Date: Monday, 23 August 2021
Time: 09h30 to 16h30 Johannesburg Time.
Venue: Zoom Virtual Platform
MEDIA ACCESS: Meetings of the SADC-PF are open to the media and journalists who are interested in covering them must register on the following link:
The meeting will be live streamed on the SADC-PF social media platforms on the links below and recorded for later broadcast on DSTV Channel 408:
ISSUED BY THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY PARLIAMENTARY FORUM
Latest from SADC Parliamentary Forum
- Media Advisory: RWPC Meets to Discuss Gender Equality and Discrimination In The Workplace
- Declaração Da Secretária-Geral Do Fórum Parlamentar Da SADC No Dia Internacional Da Rapariga 11 De Outubro De 2021
- Déclaration De La Secrétaire Générale Du FP-SADC À L’occasion De La Journée Internationale Des Filles 11 Octobre 2021
- Statement from the Secretary General of the SADC-PF on the International Day Of The Girl Child 11th October 2021
- Statement by the Secretary General During Stakeholder Consultations For The GBV Model Law – Legal Aid Officials On 8th October 2021