MEDIA ADVISORY: SADC PF HOLDS CONSULTATIVE MEETING WITH NATIONAL PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSONS ON DRAFT SADC GBV MODEL LAW Featured
WINDHOEK-NAMIBIA, Wednesday 08 September 2021 – The Southern African Development Community Parliamentary Forum (SADC-PF) will tomorrow, Thursday 09 September 2021, hold a consultative meeting with Chairpersons of National Parliamentary Committees to discuss the draft SADC Model Law on Gender based Violence (GBV Model Law).
The purpose of the meeting - with committees responsible for gender, children’s rights, legal affairs, the police and justice – is to familiarise the Chairpersons from the 15 SADC-PF Member Parliaments with the GBV Model Law and get their input on the draft. The objective of the GBV Model Law is to, amongst others, provide guidance on the scope and content of GBV provisions to be provided for in Nationals GBV laws and provide support to national laws during the implementation stage, especially where gaps still exist.
Details of the meeting are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 9th September 2021
Time: 10am to 15pm Harare/Pretoria Time.
MEDIA ACCESS: Meetings of the SADC-PF are open to the media and journalists who are interested in covering them must register on the following link:
The meeting will be live-streamed on the SADC-PF social media platforms on the links below and recorded for later broadcast on DSTV Channel 408:
ISSUED BY THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY PARLIAMENTARY FORUM
Latest from SADC Parliamentary Forum
- Statement by the Secretary General During Stakeholder Consultations for the GBV Model Law – Religious and Traditional Leaders on 23rd September 2021
- Statement by the Secretary General During Stakeholder Consultations for the GBV Model Law – Un Agencies and Donors, On 21st September 2021
- Statement by the Secretary General for the GBV Model Law – Validation Meeting with Joint Sittings of the RWPC and Standing Committees, on 16th September 2021
- Declaração da Secretária-Geral do FP-SADC Sobre O Dia Internacional da Democracia 15 de Setembro de 2021
- Statement from the Secretary General of the SADC PF on the International Day of Democracy 15th September 2021