Message of Sympathy and Solidarity-by Hon President of SADC PF 15 March 23
Honourable Members and Colleagues
Please join me in expressing our heartfelt sympathies and solidarity to our brothers and sisters in Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Madagascar and previously Mauritius for the extensive damage caused by cyclone Freddy which is now one of the longest living cyclones in the history of the planet. Rarely has it happened in environmental history that cyclones have returned after battering through a country, and yet we have seen it with Freddy.
This enjoins us to continue reflecting on climate change disasters across SADC and on the role of Parliaments to mitigate same through legal initiatives and policy oversight.
We further express our profound commiserations for those who apart from material damage, have experienced loss of life or injuries due to the cyclone's wrath. We continue to hold you in our prayers throughout this tragic experience.
Please continue to believe in the assurances of our highest consideration.
Hon. Roger Mancienne,
15th March 2023
Message of Sympathy and Solidarity by Hon President of SADC PF 15 March 23
- font size decrease font size increase font size
SADC Parliamentary ForumWebsite: www.sadcpf.org
Latest from SADC Parliamentary Forum
- STATEMENT BY THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF SADC-PF END OF PROJECT MEETING – PARLIAMENT OF NAMIBIA 1ST APRIL 2023 AT 9:30 HRS “SETTING THE END OF PROJECT REVIEW AND DOCUMENTATION TONE”
- Concept Note : Multi-stakeholder consultative workshop on the end of SRHR Project Performance Review, 2019-2023
- Re-Advertisement - OPEN Internship - Graphic Designer
- KEYNOTE SPEECH ARASA SRHR REGIONAL SYMPOSIUM RE-FLECT; RE-ENGAGE; RE-INTEGRATE 29TH – 31ST MARCH 2023
- Sobre PF SADC