Regional Women’s Parliamentary Caucus (RWPC)
Composition and Functions of the RWPC
- The Regional Women’s Parliamentary Caucus (RWPC) shall comprise Chairpersons of National Women’s Parliamentary Caucuses and all female Representatives of the Forum.
- The Chairperson of RWPC shall be an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee of the Forum.
- The Chairperson and Vice- Chairperson of the RWPC shall be elected from among the Chairpersons of the National Women’s Parliamentary Caucuses and shall adhere to the principle of rotation.
- The RWPC shall submit its report to the Executive Committee for noting.
- The RWPC shall report directly to the Plenary Assembly.
The functions of the RWPC shall include the following:
- lobbying and advocacy on equal and equitable representation of women in political and decision-making positions in SADC Member States in line with the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development and other continental and international instruments;
- creating a platform for women Parliamentarians to mobilise on women’s agenda for equality, equity and effective representation of women in Parliament and political parties;
- capacity development for women Parliamentarians for effective participation and performance; and
- creating avenues for knowledge sharing by women Parliamentarians at Regional level.
Reporting of the RPMLOC
- The RPMLOC, constituted in accordance with Article 16 of the Constitution, shall submit its report to the Executive Committee for noting.
- The RPMLOC shall report directly to the Plenary Assembly.