OPEN Internship - Graphic Designer Featured
The Graphic Designer intern will work under the guidance of the ICT Officer. The Graphic Design Intern is responsible in developing a range of print and web projects, such as print, pull up banner displays, and web graphics. Qualified candidates will possess strong graphic design skills, be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment. The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for providing support through a variety of channels, including print, digital, web, video and other as assigned and will assist with the development and designing of graphics, logos, collateral event materials, and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned. In addition, the Graphic Design Intern will also be assigned various website update tasks utilizing WordPress and Joomla. The Intern will report to the ICT Officer who will be the immediate supervisor under the Internship Agreement.
- Development of
- Source and update website content and event text, images, press release videos etc
- Assist with other graphic design needs as required.
- Manage the SADC Parliamentary Forum Social Network accounts by uploading content under the supervision of the ICT Officer
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Conduct image and graphic editing.
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the ICT Officer to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the ICT Officer and make necessary changes
- Develop and support SharePoint Sites and understand SharePoint Designer 2013 or such similar software as may be required.
- Manage the content and functionality of the company's public website.
- Day-to-day administration of sites including managing user support
- Test and troubleshoot all site functionality and debug pages and fix broken links and/or images.
- Monitor and analyze site performance (i.e. traffic, conversions)
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure the organisation's information is current and relevant on the SADC-PF's website.
- Support web-based projects including website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- Support search engine optimization initiatives
- Stay current on industry trends - design, layout, and platforms
- Perform such other related and cognate tasks as may be required by the ICT Officer.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Graphic design major or enrolled in a related degree program;
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Knowledge of digital media software - Illustrator and Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and other graphic design software;
- Knowledge of video editing software - iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus;
- Joomla and WordPress experience
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Knowledge in WordPress and/or custom CMS as a web development tool a plus
- Knowledge of web analytics and search engine optimization a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Google Analytics implementation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile app development on iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Photoshop and transferring Photoshop content to wireframes and designs
- Team Player
- Quick learner and efficient
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time
- High sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent creative mindset mixed with strong logic and understanding of design principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
16 July 2021