OPEN Internship - ICT Support / Junior System Administrator Featured
This internship involves providing Information Communication Technology(ICT) Support Service for applications, equipment, and systems. This is a paid internship program offered by the SADC Parliamentary Forum that is designed to provide critical training and experience to those who have completed or about to complete formal education in IT System Administration or related IT or Computer Science Training.
It is the policy of the SADC Parliamentary Forum to provide excellent ICT Support service both internally and externally. In this respect, the Intern will be expected to perform all of their duties and responsibilities in accordance with this policy at all times.
The Intern will report to the ICT Officer of the Forum who will be the immediate supervisor in accordance with the Internship Agreement.
- Perform investigative work to determine root causes of alerts in Network Monitoring Application.
- Answer and respond to ICT Support queries.
- Participates in authoring appropriate documentation and procedures relating to equipment operations, software changes, maintenance, and problems encountered.
- Perform basic administrative tasks in the Active Directory domain.
- Perform basic administrative tasks in support of the SADC PF PABX System(Phone System).
- Participate in administration on Virtualization platforms.
- Perform basic administrative tasks in Office 365.
- Assist in providing onsite IT Support.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Monitoring and maintaining of the Remote Backup System.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Perform such other related and cognate tasks as may be required by the ICT Officer.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Relevant Work experience in IT System Administration is preferred.
- Near completion of the program or recent graduation from IT System Administration, related IT or Computer Science academic or vocational programs recommended.
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT issues remotely and at workstations.
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work for the greater good.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
16 July 2021