The 47th Plenary Assembly Session of the SADC PF will commence with the convening of the Committee Session from 7th to 9th March 2020, in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Session will focus on the Role of Parliament in land governance in the SADC Region.
The three Standing Committees, namely Human and Social Development and Special Programmes (HSDSP), Gender Equality Women Advancement and Youth Development (GEWAYD) and Regional Women Parliamentary Caucus (RWPC), Standing Committees will individually and jointly deal with this important topic from the perspective of the mandate of their respective Committees. The three Standing Committees will also deliberate on various thematic issues of regional interest and concern that fall under their respective mandates in terms of the Constitution and the Rules of Procedure.
The meetings of the following Standing Committees have been postponed to a later date:
- Democratisation Governance and Human Rights (DGHR);
- Trade Industry Finance and Investment (TIFI); and
- Food Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR)
OBJECTIVES OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE SESSION
The Sitting of Standing Committees and the RWPC is convened to achieve the following:
- To capacitate MPs in and create consensus on the role of SADC PF and National Parliaments in facilitating regional integration in the SADC Region;
- To deliberate on issues of interest and concern to the SADC region through a Joint Sitting and make recommendations to the Plenary Assembly; and
- To discuss issues that fall under the mandates of the respective Standing mandates and make appropriate recommendations to the Plenary Assembly.