SADC Parliamentary Forum Executive Committee, Suspends Dr Esau Chiviya
The SADC Parliamentary Forum has for some time now been dealing with certain matters of an administrative, governance and policy nature guided by resolutions of its Plenary Assembly as well tasks assigned its various sub committees. The Executive Committee of the Forum met in Windhoek, Namibia from 31 May to 1 June 2018 to deliberate on some of the matters. The Sub Committees duly tabled their reports on their various assignments.
Informed by the findings of these Sub Committees, the Executive Committee has taken a decision to place the Secretary General of SADC PF on suspension pending the institution of disciplinary proceedings on the various issues raised by the Sub Committees. The Secretary General has, therefore been placed on suspension accordingly.
A Disciplinary tribunal has also been established comprising five members and chaired by Hon. Advocate Duma Gideon Boko, MP which will commence its work immediately to ensure that this matter is settled expeditiously in the best interests of all parties concerned.
In the interim, the Director of Programmes, Ms. Boemo Sekgoma has been appointed as the Acting Secretary General.
This remains an internal matter and the Executive Committee assures all its cooperating partners and stakeholders that all its decisions are to ensure proper governance and the highest levels of accountability.
THIS COMMUNIQUE IS ISSUED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE SADC PARLIAMENTARY FORUM, HONOURABLE SPEAKER FERNANDO DA PIEDADE DIAS DOS SANTOS
Latest from SADC Parliamentary Forum
- Media Statement SADC Parliamentary Forum Statement on Travel Bans
- Comunicado De Imprensa Declaração Do Fórum Parlamentar Da SADC Sobre As Proibições De Viagens
- Communiqué De Presse Communiqué Du Forum Parlementaire De La SADC Sur Les Interdictions De Voyager
- Avis Aux Médias : Le Forum Parlementaire La SADC (Le FP De La SADC) Se Réunit À Johannesburg Pour Examiner Et Valider Le Projet De Loi Type De La SADC Sur La Violence Basée Sur Le Genre (VBG)
- Media Advisory: SADC PF Meets In Johannesburg to Review And Validate the draft SADC Model Law On Gender-Based Violence (GBV)