SADC Parliamentary Forum Constitution
We, the Representatives of the people of Southern African Development Community, having solemnly resolved to constitute a Parliamentary Consultative Assembly to be known as the Southern African Development Community Parliamentary Forum with a view to developing into a regional Parliamentary structure, for the purpose of strengthening the capacity of the Southern African Development Community by involving Parliamentarians of Member states in its activities:
- to promote respect for the rule of law, gender equality and equity1, individual rights and freedoms, including the promotion and development of cooperation in the economic field in the SADC region based on the principle of equity and mutual benefit;
- to promote peace, democracy, security and stability on the basis of collective responsibility and supporting the development of permanent conflict resolution mechanisms in the SADC sub-region and strengthening regional solidarity and building a sense of common destiny among the peoples of SADC; and
- to promote dialogue and cooperation among Member States on socio-economic development issues in order to enhance economic welfare.
DO HEREBY GIVE TO OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION.
Latest from SADC Parliamentary Forum
- CONCEPT NOTE SESSION OF THE SADC-PF STANDING COMMITTEES AND THE REGIONAL WOMEN PARLIAMENATRY CAUCUS (RWPC)
- COMUNICADO DE IMPRENSA: COMISSÕES DO FP-SADC DEBATEM DIREITOS À AUTONOMIA E INTEGRIDADE CORPORAL NO ÂMBITO DA SAÚDE E DIREITOS SEXUAIS E REPRODUTIVOS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: SADC PF COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS RIGHTS TO BODILY AUTONOMY AND INTEGRITY FOR SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH RIGHTS
- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PARLIAMENTARISM
- MS BOEMO SEKGOMA, SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE SADC PF, REITERATES THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE FORUM