SADC Parliamentary Forum
STATEMENT BY THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF SADC-PF END OF PROJECT MEETING – PARLIAMENT OF NAMIBIA 1ST APRIL 2023 AT 9:30 HRS “SETTING THE END OF PROJECT REVIEW AND DOCUMENTATION TONE”01 Apr 2023
STATEMENT BY THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF SADC-PF
END OF PROJECT MEETING – PARLIAMENT OF NAMIBIA
1ST APRIL 2023 AT 9:30 HRS
“SETTING THE END OF PROJECT REVIEW AND DOCUMENTATION TONE”
Concept Note : Multi-stakeholder consultative workshop on the end of SRHR Project Performance Review, 2019-202301 Apr 2023
CONCEPT NOTE : SEXUAL REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND RIGHTS (SRHR), HIV AND AIDS GOVERNANCE PROJECT - PHASE 2
Multi-stakeholder consultative workshop on the end of SRHR Project Performance Review, 2019-2023
DATES: 31 March-02 April 2023
VENUE: Swakopmund Plaza Hotel
The Graphic Designer intern will work under the guidance of the ICT Officer. The Graphic Design Intern is responsible in developing a range of print and web projects, such as print, pull up banner displays, and web graphics. Qualified candidates will possess strong graphic design skills, be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment. The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for providing support through a variety of channels, including print, digital, web, video and other as assigned and will assist with the development and designing of graphics, logos, collateral event materials, and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned. In addition, the Graphic Design Intern will also be assigned various website update tasks utilizing WordPress and Joomla. The Intern will report to the ICT Officer who will be the immediate supervisor under the Internship Agreement.
- Development of
- Source and update website content and event text, images, press release videos etc
- Assist with other graphic design needs as required.
- Manage the SADC Parliamentary Forum Social Network accounts by uploading content under the supervision of the ICT Officer
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Conduct image and graphic editing.
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the ICT Officer to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the ICT Officer and make necessary changes
- Develop and support SharePoint Sites and understand SharePoint Designer 2013 or such similar software as may be required.
- Manage the content and functionality of the company's public website.
- Day-to-day administration of sites including managing user support
- Test and troubleshoot all site functionality and debug pages and fix broken links and/or images.
- Monitor and analyze site performance (i.e. traffic, conversions)
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure the organisation's information is current and relevant on the SADC-PF's website.
- Support web-based projects including website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- Support search engine optimization initiatives
- Stay current on industry trends - design, layout, and platforms
- Perform such other related and cognate tasks as may be required by the ICT Officer.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Graphic design major or enrolled in a related degree program;
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Knowledge of digital media software - Illustrator and Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and other graphic design software;
- Knowledge of video editing software - iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus;
- Joomla and WordPress experience
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Knowledge in WordPress and/or custom CMS as a web development tool a plus
- Knowledge of web analytics and search engine optimization a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Google Analytics implementation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile app development on iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Photoshop and transferring Photoshop content to wireframes and designs
- Team Player
- Quick learner and efficient
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time
- High sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent creative mindset mixed with strong logic and understanding of design principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
06 April 2023
KEYNOTE SPEECH ARASA SRHR REGIONAL SYMPOSIUM RE-FLECT; RE-ENGAGE; RE-INTEGRATE 29TH – 31ST MARCH 202330 Mar 2023
ARASA SRHR REGIONAL SYMPOSIUM
RE-FLECT; RE-ENGAGE; RE-INTEGRATE
29TH – 31ST MARCH 2023
RADISSON HOTEL& CONVENTION CENTRE, JOHANNESBURG, OR TAMBO, SOUTH AFRICA
SADC PARLIAMENTARY FORUM REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST AND PROPOSALS TO SUPPLY GOODS AND SERVICES FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 1ST APRIL 2023 TO 31ST MARCH 202414 Mar 2023
To obtain expressions of interest and company profiles from companies interested in conducting business with the SADC Parliamentary Forum in respect of supplying of goods and services to be procured during the Financial Year 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024.
Honourable Members and Colleagues
Please join me in expressing our heartfelt sympathies and solidarity to our brothers and sisters in Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Madagascar and previously Mauritius for the extensive damage caused by cyclone Freddy which is now one of the longest living cyclones in the history of the planet. Rarely has it happened in environmental history that cyclones have returned after battering through a country, and yet we have seen it with Freddy.
This enjoins us to continue reflecting on climate change disasters across SADC and on the role of Parliaments to mitigate same through legal initiatives and policy oversight.
We further express our profound commiserations for those who apart from material damage, have experienced loss of life or injuries due to the cyclone's wrath. We continue to hold you in our prayers throughout this tragic experience.
Please continue to believe in the assurances of our highest consideration.
Hon. Roger Mancienne,
15th March 2023
O Fórum Parlamentar da comunidade para o desenvolvimento da África Austral (SADC PF) foi criado em 1997 em conformidade com o artigo 9.o, n. o 2, do Tratado da SADC como instituição autónoma da SADC, é um órgão interparlamentar regional composto por treze (14) parlamentos que representam mais de 3500 parlamentares na região da SADC. Estes parlamentos São Angola, Botsuana, República Democrática do Congo (RDC), Lesoto, Malawi, Maurícia, Moçambique, Namíbia, África do Sul, Seychelles, suazilândia, tanzânia, zâmbia e Zimbabué.
O Fórum procura proporcionar experiências regionais a nível nacional, a fim de promover as melhores práticas no papel dos parlamentos na cooperação e integração regionais, tal como descrito no Tratado da SADC e na Constituição do Fórum. O seu principal objectivo é fornecer uma plataforma para que os parlamentos e parlamentares promovam e melhorem a integração regional na região da SADC, através da participação parlamentar.
Os objectivos do Fórum abordam uma vasta gama de questões, incluindo, mas não se limitando a:
- Promoção dos Direitos Humanos, da igualdade de género, da boa governação, da democracia e da transparência;
- Promoção da paz, da segurança e da estabilidade;
- Acelerar o ritmo da Cooperação Económica, do desenvolvimento e da integração com base na equidade e nos benefícios mútuos;
- Facilitar a ligação em rede com outras organizações interparlamentares;
- Promover a participação das organizações não governamentais, das empresas e das Comunidades intelectuais nas actividades da SADC;
- Familiarizar os povos da SADC com os objectivos e objectivos da SADC; e
- Informar a SADC das opiniões populares sobre o desenvolvimento e as questões que afectam a região.
Dear Colleagues and partners, it is with outmost gratitude that I release this statement to the Forum’s distinguished Member Parliaments and partners in view of celebrating International Women’s Day on this 8th March 2023 under the theme of “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality”.